Stanbic IBTC Bank – Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Job Title: Personal Banker – Trade Fair Branch
Job ID: 33934
Location: Lagos Island
Job Sector: Banking
- Proactively promote a relationship-based offering through operating as a dedicated and primary point of contact for a customer in the branch, providing banking solutions which meet the customer’s needs in accordance with each of personal banking segment’s value proposition.
- Conduct a needs analysis with all new and existing customers to ensure those product opportunities identified are appropriate to meet the customer’s needs and priorities.
- Conduct a comprehensive calling/contact management programme for all customers aligned with the cost to serve proposition.
- Pro-actively manage the portfolio to maximize revenue for the Bank (referring to fees, margins, and sales), minimize costs and risks, whilst maintaining and entrenching the customer’s relationship with the Bank appropriately.
- Retain customers (Blue, Silver, and Gold) as per the criteria outlined in the segment value proposition and reflected by the Country segment strategy.
- Liaise effectively with the sales team to ensure seamless transfer of clients after the sale has been concluded to relationship management.
- Pro-actively identify cross-sell opportunities within own portfolio of customers to maximize life cycle opportunities. Be guided by the segment value proposition and sales targets as to what the priority products are both from a bank and customer perspective.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in any related field
- Minimum of Second Class Lower (2:2) division
- 0-2years banking experience, preferably interfacing with customers.
- Strong relationship management background.
- Experienced in upholding the highest levels of service.
- Experience in completing credit applications successfully
Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Demonstrate high levels of computer literacy – able to capture/update customer database, successfully complete product/lending applications, ensure credit maintenance, etc.
- Knowledge of local market environment and financial issues that may impact the portfolio.
- Working knowledge of bank systems and operations
- Thorough understanding of credit principles as well as application and maintenance processes.
- Knowledge of the bank’s organogram and awareness of relevant reporting lines.
- Interpret financial statements; assess sources of income and basic customer affordability calculations (debt to income ratio, loan to value ratio, installment to income ratio, etc).
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the different personalities and segment value proposition.
- Proficient in Microsoft word and excel.
- Time management
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to handle matrix reporting.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: