Dynamic Modeler Reservoir Engineer – Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Dynamic Modeler Reservoir Engineer
Business: Oil & Gas
Function / Domain: Refinery Operations Maintenance
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 15+ years’ experience in the Oil and Gas industry as a reservoir engineer with a focus on Dynamic Model creation and maintenance.
- The astute candidate should have hands-on technical lead (senior-level individual contributor) with at least 3 but no more than 5 years in a specific field providing oversight and development for Sandstones and Classics.
- Track record in working in Nigerian oil and gas companies or other internationally operating companies(locales) with heavy governmental engagement and governmental JV’s and partnerships.
- Ensure alignment and timely approvals both internal and external stakeholders and approvers. Sr Mgt, partners and government bodies alike. Where required coordinate the technical input into the Management Committee meetings with regulators and our partners.
- Ensure efficient approval and endorsement workflow: Contribute to the generation, coordination and delivery of documents to support the approval processes: for commercial agreement, strategies, tender lists, evaluation templates, and production campaigns, Reservoir management work proposals.
- Ensure seamless integration between Community/security and regulatory affairs team, Exploration, Wells Engineering, Facilities, and finance alike.
- Support our Integrated Production Delivery Model, from reservoir drainage points to points of sale. Key focus areas are maximization of the gas and liquids volumes sold, within the technical limits of the reservoirs, quantity, and quality of gas and liquids resources are produced using optimal good designs, reservoir management and care for reserves.
- Ensure world-class dataset and dynamic models that are third party verifiable. Reference Documents quarterly with dynamic and static data for the field.
- Drive the implementation of field optimization of the producing fields, oil, gas and condensate, He/She has fully demonstrated understanding of the range of filed development design options and completion/process control choices to opt. deliver production from the reservoir to the sales point.
- Set out the reservoir and modeling discipline-specific guidelines and procedures to ensure all work is carried out safely adhering to best international technical practices.
Desired Qualifications / Preferred Competencies
- 15+ years experience in the Oil and Gas industry as a Reservoir Engineer / Manager with at least 5 but no more than 8 years in field oversight and OIM mgt.
- Track record in working in Nigerian or other international locales with heavy governmental engagement and governmental JV’s and partnerships. Demonstrated skill in supplier selection, scope development, negotiation support, evaluation, contractor mgt, and closeout in such locations
- Excellent technical and communication skills with a strong emphasis on teamwork, MOC change mgt, and influencing skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English language and well versed in presentation skills.
- Deep expertise in reservoir management with at least 5 years in reservoir management/ reserves accountability and achieving reserve replacement targets.
- Track record in offshore oil and gas Field Development Planning. Recognized SME in reservoir mgt. reserves and macro, reservoir and field level economics.
- Track record in Reservoir Optimization, inc. minimum resource: with outsourced reserves and forecasting, gas and water utilization studies and field development scenarios.
- Technical innovator and entrepreneur, track record in finding solutions to optimizing reservoir drainage, max reservoir life and enhance reserve booking.
- Demonstrate a high level of oral and written skills (English), good listening ability, demonstrate personal initiative and ability to mentor subordinates
- Constructively accept views and guidance from supervisors and input from subordinates
- Ability and focus on driving technical and commercial solutions.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online