The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Nurse
Location: Monguno, Borno
Provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients according to ALIMA protocols, universal hygienic standards and other procedures, in order to ensure a good delivery of care.
- Implement and follow at all times the universal hygiene standards, security rules and other protocols and procedures regarding nursing and children nutrition matters.
- Ensure proper functioning of the Therapeutic Program. This includes:
- Daily collect the number of new admissions and exits and to check the attendance
- Calculate the quantity of food needed for the day based on the number of children registered
- Carry-out surveillance and follow-up of patients’ medical and nutritional evolution, identifying possible emergency situations arising and keeping doctors informed if necessary.
- Provide advice and inform children’s families about everything concerning the hospitalization, participate in the health education of the mothers and/or treatment process.
- Control all pharmacy, food, and medical equipment (carrying out inventories, checking its quality and its functioning, storage conditions, doing follow-up of expired drugs, etc.).
- Carry-out and supervise administrative procedures and documents (fill in patients files, forms, statistics, etc.), ensure an appropriate written/oral handover, and report any problematic situations and cases arising.
- Ensure triage of patients in waiting areas, detecting the priority acute cases, carrying out first aid care when necessary and referring them to the doctor if necessary.
- Carry-out all patient’s related tasks for the admission, weighing and measuring the children, identifying the degree and types of malnutrition, administration (patient card, register,..) etc.
- Ensure that medical and nutritional care is properly delivered to the patients and to daily follow the evolution of the patients.
- Carry-out consultations to children and their parents, undertaking a complete clinical examination of children, looking for associated pathologies, drawing up nutritional surveillance forms and milk cards, providing required vaccination, etc.
- Education: Nursing diploma with nutritional training essential.
- Knowledge: Desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
- Skills: Results, teamwork, commitment, flexibility, service.
- Experience: Previous experience required. Experience with NGO desirable.
- Languages: English language essential. Local language desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process